by Chris Feeny • @iubase17• Oct 26
One of the last weeks of Fall Ball produced a busy week of Hoosier Baseball in the News.
• There was plenty of positive response to the job done by all involved with the Charity Fall Ball game at Bosse Field. NBC 14 News was on hand Saturday for the game. Megan DiVenti produced a video recap including interviews with Drew Ashley, Don Mattingly, Cal Krueger and Elijah Dunham.
Following the game it was announced that over $35K was raised due to the event.
We raised $35,676 on Saturday for @CureFA_org . Thank you to the 2,795 fans who came out to game, great people who donated, @USIBaseball @iubase17 and the Evansville community. #CureFA pic.twitter.com/J6gRpIWjtb
— Tracy Archuleta (@CoachArch06) October 24, 2018
• Coach Mercer and his staff picked up another verbal commit for the 2019 Class. Ryan Fischer, an OF/1B, from Lake Brantley HS in Florida announced yesterday that he will be buying a winter coat.
— Ryan Fischer (@ryanfischerr) October 25, 2018
• Steve Krah from IndianaRBI.com spent the day at The Bart this week and interviewed Coach Mercer and Coach Parker . Both pieces give some real insight into the new leadership of Hoosier Baseball and how and why this new system has been implemented. ICYMI, Steve also recently interviewed Timmy Herrin. IndianaRBI.com does great work reporting on baseball throughout Indiana. You can follow Steve Krah on twitter
— Steve Krah (@SteveKrah) February 16, 2017
• Indiana University Student Television produces a sports show called The Toss Up. They recently released their Hoosier Baseball Fall Ball Edition. It runs twenty minutes and includes a 2019 schedule review and some good Hoosier Baseball discussion.
• Finally, it was also announced this week that the traditional Hoosier Baseball Fall Ball intrasquad series will be held November 2nd through the 4th. The Cream and Crimson Series has been ‘rebranded’ the Indiana World Series.
Friday first pitch is 4pm, Saturday 2pm and it concludes Sunday with a 1pm start. Admission is free all weekend. All seats are general admission. Come out for some or all of the series and check out Hoosier Baseball play Hoosier Baseball. It’ll be awhile until there’s another chance to spend the weekend at The Bart. We’ll have the regular Saturday tailgate set up by 11am. We have plenty of good chairs so feel free to stop by before heading in. See You At The Bart.