Hoosier Baseball in the Pros
by Chris Feeny • @iubase17 • Jul 26
Plenty of Hoosier Highlights from the professional ranks today, a blast from the past, and some encouraging injury news.
• Sam Travis extended his hitting streak to nine games for the Pawtucket Red Sox.
• Kyle Schwarber made a great catch in left and picked up another outfield assist. He only trails Lorenzo Cain by 1 for first in the NL in that stat. Chicago Magazine wrote about his recent stellar defense.
• Christain Morris threw another scoreless inning out of the Staten Island Yankees bullpen. That gives him 6 consecutive scoreless appearances (8 IP, 3 saves, 9K’s)
• Good news regarding Aaron Slegers’ injury.
Slegers (shoulder inflammation) is improving, Molitor said. Moving him to 60-day DL is “not a consideration” with need to open a 40-man spot for Ervin by Wednesday #mntwins.
— Mike Berardino (@MikeBerardino) July 24, 2018
• On this date two years ago, Alex Dickerson went where very few have gone before. The upper tank at The Rogers Centre in Toronto.