By Chris Feeny • @iubase17 • June 24
Another fast paced week of Hoosier Baseball in the News. Future Hoosiers, Hoosier Baseball Alumni and Summer League action provided plenty of updates. Here is a quick review of the past week.
• Ethan Vecrumba, Tucker Schank, Dylan Steele, Garrett Manous and Jack Walker were all invited to the IHSBCA North- South All Star Series.
It was a full weekend event honoring the Hoosier State’s best High School seniors. Friday night included a banquet
and even a certain Indiana Head Coach as guest speaker. Coach Mercer Spoke to the All Stars about guiding life principles.
• Reese Sharp had a big week. On Monday night he won the Indiana 1A State Title throwing a complete game with 17K’s.
Then Saturday he announced he will not be signing a pro contract with San Francisco and instead will attend IU.
• We learned 1B Jordan Fucci will be joining Hoosier Baseball as a graduate transfer. He has one year of eligibility left.
He transfers from Samford where started for three seasons. His 2019 stats • 15 HR, 49 RBI, .308, 14 2B, 2 3B, 50 R and only had two errors. He’s a Tates High School alum and his brother Ryan was 2016 team captain for Wright State and was drafted by Toronto.
• Alex Dickerson was promoted from Triple A to the San Francisco Giants. He hit a grand slam in his first game and had a total of 6 RBI’s. In his second game he had 3 more RBI’s. Those 9 RBI’s set an all time record for a player in his first two games with a team.
• Luke Miller was promoted from the Lakewood BlueClaws to the High A Clearwater Threshers
• Jonathan Stiever was promoted from the Kannapolis Intimidators to the High A Winston Salem Dash.
• Pauly Milto made his debut with the Great Falls Voyagers and now has two scoreless appearances
• Scotty Bradley and Matt Gorski each recorded their first hits as professionals.
• Tim Herrin picked up his second and third saves of the season
You can see where all our Hoosier Baseball Alumni are playing at the Alumni Home Page
• Grant Richardson had a two homer night and followed it up with another long ball for the Cincinnati Steam the next day.
• Gabe Bierman threw a 2 hit shutout with 7 K’s for the Kenosha Kingfish.
• Jake Skrine had a ninth inning go ahead 2 RBI single one night and then went 3-5 with an eventual game winning home run the next for the Saugerties Stallions.
• Finally, it wasn’t Summer League but the first Lil Campers Baseball Camp was held at The Bart last week and by all accounts Connor Manous was a star with the little guys.
For info about any of the Jeff Mercer Baseball Camps use this link